First half of January New year’s day
- It is the most important holiday in Japan. We call this season “Shougatsu”Many Japanese go to temple to pray for happiness in the new year. People eat “Osechi” , a traditional New year’s food.http://webnews.textalk.com/en/article.php?id=241289 CHRISTMAS
Second Monday of January Coming-of-age day
- All people who turn 20 years old cerebrate that holiday.
February 11 National foundation day
- The day the first emperor is said to have ascended the throne.
March 20 Vernal Equinox day
- The day to admire the nature and treasure living things.We eat “Ohagi” a traditional Japanese sweets.
April 29 Green day
- The birthday of the previous emperor who passed away in 1989.
May 3 Constitution Memorial day
- The commemoration of the Japanese postwar constitution.
May 5 Children day
- It was a festival for the boys. Carp streamers are flown a high pole and display the warrior doll to wish boys’ happiness and cerebrate the growth of a child.http://webnews.textalk.com/en/article.php?id=255134
The third Monday of JulySea day
- The day “Meiji”emperor who is the two times before emperor ended his sea trip.
September 19Respect-for-the-age day
- It is the day to thank aged people for their service to society over many years.
September 23Autumnal Equinox day
- The day to show our respects for our ancestors and to commemoratethe dead.
Second Monday of OctoberSports day
- It was the commemoration of the Tokyo Olympic Games in1964. We enjoy sports on that day.
November 3 Culture day
- The day to progress of the Japanese culture. It was also the birthday of “Meiji” emperor who was the two times before emperor in Japan.
November 23Labor Thanks-giving day
- The day to honor labors , promotes respect for labor.
December 23 Emperor’s birthday
- Before world war 2, Emperor became the ruler of Japan. But after world war 2, It is decided that the Emperor is not ruler but the symblol of Japan. This day cerebrates this.