Exploration of the existence and effects of wind and air began for the nursery children with the discovery of leaves not falling from the trees, but floating, why?
(Power Point presentation
The main exploration points through scientific play and experimentation were
• Air is strong and moves things.
• Air is invisible, so how do we know it is there?
• Air is everywhere, even inside us.
To find wind outside, the children experimented with various resources. Good predictions were made
• The wellie boot was too heavy.
• The balloon would float away (even into space!)